Make the most of plum period with Alexandra Dudley’s spiced autumnal desert.
My local greengrocer had a glut of British plums that have been heading tender. He permit me fill my bag substantially to my glee. I like baking plums when they are on the flip. The squishiness helps make them all the better. The chai cashew product has a gorgeous heat to it from the spices that pairs flawlessly with the slight tang of the fruit. I like to top rated mine with a thing crunchy. My maple sea salt nut and seed crunch is excellent for this – it would make for a pretty fantastic snack also. Any leftovers can be stored in a glass jar for a several weeks. You may perhaps even want to double the recipe with this in intellect. The cashew cream will very last for about 3 days in the fridge. I simply call this a pudding but have been known to consume it for breakfast.
150g cashews, soaked in cold water for 40 mins
1/2 tsp floor cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
seeds from 2 cardamom pods
1-2 tbsp maple syrup
For the crunch
40g sunflower seeds
30g pumpkin seeds
3 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sea salt flakes
- Preheat your oven to 180° fan environment and line two trays with parchment paper.
- Halve and de-stone your plums and arrange about a single tray. Bake for 20-25 mins right up until comfortable with juices functioning. Let to great absolutely.
- Although your plums cook dinner make the hazelnut seed crunch. Place the hazelnuts, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds in a medium sized bowl. Add the maple syrup and olive oil and stir to blend. Distribute evenly about the parchment lined tray and bake in the over for 15 mins, tossing 50 percent way as a result of.
- Take out from oven and sprinkle sea salt more than right away. Depart for a couple of minutes and toss again.
- Boil the kettle and brew the teabag with just 100ml of drinking water. Clear away the teabag and whilst however scorching, stir in the spices. Enable to awesome a bit.
- Drain your cashews and spot into a significant pace compact blender or food items processor. Add the spiced tea blend and maple syrup. Blend right until smooth and creamy. Chill until completely ready to provide.
- To provide, spoon the product into serving bowls and top rated with plums. Sprinkle generously with the hazelnut, seed crunch. Love!