They say that delivering yourself in a proper manner will aid you in all corners of your professional life, no matter whether you are working for a company or for yourself. As an employee or a business owner it is vital aspect to know that one must attempt to establish a respectful relationship with co-workers. One which is comfortable and friendly, while maintaining a professional attitude which allows for success in job performance.
The manner in which you present yourself will impact your succession, as well as the perception of others. Being careful to always demonstrate courtesy to others will create long lasting positive relationships.
Let’s go over a few tips that you can use:
- Know the accepted dress code; be attired in an appropriate fashion, so that you can make a good impression.
- Be well versed in the topic that will be discussed at the meeting and be sure to turn off your cell phone, pager or any other electronic devise that may disturb the meeting.
- Chewing gum, sucking on candy or eating during a meeting is not considered appropriate, unless it is a lunch meeting at a restaurant. If it is be sure that you observe proper manners.
- Always wait for others to complete their thoughts before you offer your own opinions and suggestions so as not to turn the meeting into a debate.
- When answering a colleague, always observe courtesy. Don’t engage in adversarial debates or exchange insults. Reply to unpleasant behaviour from colleagues by keeping your steadiness and continuing to act in a professional manner.
- If you need to cough, sneeze or blow your nose, be very discrete and do your best not to break down the meeting. If necessary find an appropriate moment and excuse yourself from the meeting.
- When possible, visit the restroom before the meeting or conference will begin to avoid possible disruptions later.
- Focus your attention on the needs of the clients, that’s the reason why you’re there.
- Always be of aid as possible and speak slowly and deliberately. Remember that the purpose of the meeting is business
A good and lasting impression is not necessarily confined in a meeting, but by implementing some guidelines could enable you to build a trusting relationship with them overtime.